Uni 11 is out of Balance

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Uni 11 is out of Balance

hi forum

i cant sit here all day and watch anymore
    the settings in uni 11 where changed massive, the second time so far
    and this changed the game rapidfy

for what i needed weeks of hard work; farming, watching, moon poping making traps, people do now in some hours
    and even invested dm - real money (planets replacing, research instand klicking etc etc etc) is mostly wasted

mines are nothing worth anymore, mines that i farmed hours over hours for.. to make a constand income of ressources
    a constant income like a night production that is now farmed in less than 5minutes

even the bonuses... l7, fleet, daily - are wothless now

[/color]let me do a example: i owned 500.000.000.000.000.000 lunes, not builded a single one, there was all from the fleet bonus
    that means i collected the fleet bonus 25 times+, that makes 625k dm alone for that
    but 500.000.000.000.000.000 lunes are now farmed in ~ 10 minutes

we dont have to forgott the daly bonus, that is aviable 2 times more than fleet bonus: 50x 5.000 = 250k dm - wasted too
    and last but not least the l7, lets say 8x 25.000 (2 months) that
    makes another 200k dm, a total of
    ~ 1 million dark matter wasted

the iI bonus i a good thing, but its way to high, it was not thinked enough
    it reanimated the universe, weak player became a third chance (after week 3 or 4 mine speed was increased that was chance 2)
    but the top players, the diligent players so far had to pay for it, in game time and in dm
    you cant change a running universe that dramatic, there are game strategies, strategies that are for a long play, not only for today

said in a few words: the work so far is destroyed, worse: the time we invested is gone for nothing
    AND THE WORST:
    if someone will keep up he MUST farm these inactive fleets

so, is there a plan for the future? is the server gona stay like that

greez
    a realy pissed of DonCorleone

The post was edited 1 time, last by TheDonCorleone ().

• Don, you are absolutely right. The uni is a joke now. Everyone in AB has been playing since the first day of uni-11 (i think). What frustrated me the most is like you said. The uni was out for about 70 days when the change happened. By day 71, in that 24 hour period people had already gotten as many points as i had in the 70 days of playing. It is ridiculous that a new player can start today and probably get 100q points by the end of the week.
    IG Username: YungRich (uni11)

#ViscaBarca

USA
  • Serious reply:

Yes Don you are right.. but the fact is, we tripled all our accounts in 1 week.. you too

Maybe corrado should not make it smaller, but less easy....

Now, the res and fleet land on the Main planet of an (i) player.

If it would land on a (i) colony too (like in uni9 and uni10) it would be far more work !
  • ccxx wrote:

Serious reply:

Yes Don you are right.. but the fact is, we tripled all our accounts in 1 week.. you too

If it would land on a (i) colony too (like in uni9 and uni10) it would be far more work !
    glad you did a serious reply to hehe

no that would not help anyone
    it would be more difficult - yes

but.. it would be all the same
    the one who have time to farm will do it - the one who not will go down in the stats

the demage that is done is irretrievably

the only thing would is a reset and that wont happen
  • TheDonCorleone wrote:

ccxx wrote:

Serious reply:

the one who have time to farm will do it - the one who not will go down in the stats

I wouldn't like to see a uni reset. I spent a lot of time in this uni and have grown attached to my account lol. However, uni 12 should be released sooner than originally expected (if it was coming at all). This uni should take into consideration everyones complaints, and should be designed to make it fair for everyone. Miners, fleeters, even people who just don't have the time to play 5-6+ hours a day. It needs to be based off of skill and strategy rather than time invested.. DM needs to have not as big an influence on the the server. However DM bonuses should still be there to reward players who vote/ pay for the server. Just not enough to define who wins and loses

As it is now, uni-11 is a lost cause. It's now just a game of who will play more. Those who can afford to sit and play for multiple hours will see 100q gains everyday just by farming i's. I will not be spending hours and hours of my time just to "keep up with the Joneses" as we say here in the States lol ^^

Final edit: I used to vote 9 times a day. The maximum you could, i would log in at times i usually wouldn't just to vote to support the game. I have now not voted once this entire month. I won't vote at all until all the issues are sorted out.

FINAL final edit (lol sorry just saw popeyes comment): Popeye, changing the i fleets to also colonies wouldn't change much. Many of the i fleets only have 1 planet! If they don't they usually only have 3-4 max and they are usually in the same Solar system because they were new players who didn't know much. Even if they were far apart, we are all premium players and it would only take us one minute to find the i fleet. It still poses no challenge.

#ViscaBarca

USA

The post was edited 2 times, last by YungRich ().

• TheDonCorleone wrote:

ccxx wrote:

Serious reply:

Irretrievable ? No.. Ranks are similar to two weeks ago, only 3x bigger.

When the (i) fleets would stop now, or get less profitable, the game will proceed as before, np.

I agree it is too easy now. I've just finished my round in 19 min 40 sec.

By the way @DonCorleone.... the admin did not finish the game in uni-11..... you did

You won uni-11 as a fleeter, without any cheat and that deserves a compliment :)
  • ccxx wrote:

TheDonCorleone wrote:

ccxx wrote:

Serious reply:

When the (i) fleets would stop now, or get less profitable, the game will proceed as before, np.

By the way @DonCorleone.... the admin did not finish the game in uni-11..... you did

You won uni-11 as a fleeter, without any cheat and that deserves a compliment :)
    But the game won't go on as before because there are people who profited GREATLY from the i fleets. They doubled, tripled, quadrupled, even quintripled their accounts!!! They have insane building points so even if they lost their fleets they could rebuild in a day or two...

#ViscaBarca

USA
  • YungRich wrote:

ccxx wrote:

TheDonCorleone wrote:

ccxx wrote:

Serious reply:

glad you did a serious reply to heheno that would not help anyone

But the game won't go on as before because there are people who profited GREATLY from the i fleets. They doubled, tripled, quadrupled, even quintripled their accounts!!! They have insane building points so even if they lost their fleets they could rebuild in a day or two...
    To be honest Yungrich... first two days, I did not take this change seriously.. I missed the party and Don went +145, Saki went +44in a day. But this week, I've joined in.. I have grown more points than in the previous 2 months, +160, passed Ion again..

Thing is... uni-12 will not arrive any day soon. So I guess you have no choice adjusting your game ! As long as current settings are on, you will have to raid the (i) bots a few hours per day :P Don is right about that.. If you don't feel like raiding (i) bots, just leave your account on, wait for settings to change. But if you want to keep your top-20 rank, better go along with it..
  • Hello all

first answer is there will be no new game until around 15-Dec.

And for us changing game settings after 70 days that's not true we chances settings on day 13 of the game game started 23e of june and we increased speed to match game upon till the 6e of july. after this rais no more settings were changed to the settings.

reason for this raise was fault from us ,we set the fleet bonus to high so game was out of balance and the only way to not harm the players by removing stuff was to increase resources.

For settings of the game we have a clear picture now this settings where not ok -- the resources production shut have been the same to match the resources production
    now there is to much production whit and to slow game speed.

Sadly enough is the only way to find this out like we do now ,we never had this issue here ,since we started out CG we have now 11 unis in a row but we had multiple uni1 and uni2 so think , uni11 is the 15e game we host and never had to do with these problems.

I know now that the rule we made never to change game settings while game is started shut never have been broken better to do a rollback (backup) than to change settings!!

For the asteroids fleets in the game -- the intention of the mod is to give more chance to find a large fleet and resources will when game have only fleeters that save well
    you can search endless and never find something so to keep you all busy and interested in the game this was added.

So why shut it be a problem that when new gamer comes in game he can not catch up with the top players ,we think this makes it interesting for them and when the see the can catch up the top 10 the will stay longer will the see the can be part ingame ---- in ogame it simple when game starts and you enter it after 30 days you know for fact you will not be in the top 10 for at least 150 days or even not in the first year and than the lose their interest and are gone.

We now chanced it a little we now attack all planets with the mod so we know it isn't making any chance to it but making it a little harder to find.

little idea-- Angry-Bird players maybe its idea to abandon your ally make new one with lower ranked players and start again makes it interesting for hole game to not have the unis best players all in the same ally (confusing hahaha)

Bonus in games -- yes this was a hard one we installed it in the uni10 so did not have any experiences with it in any game launch and i clearly underestimated it
    this is for sure something we need to watch carefully on the new uni12.

making it scale-up whit game is very hard will there are many ways to work around it to get benefit from it -- so we need to see how we can tackle this problem before uni12 starts -- but i think it will be removed from any new game we launch, think that's the best and safe solution for the games .

So conclusion yes uni11 is the underdog compared to all games we have hosted -- so we have established that !! we have about 2+ months till new game opens !

Its up to u all !! . . . keep playing - or leaf game -- i hope you all keep playing even if game is the "Underdog" of CG

Grtz Corrado
    Grtz Corrado
  • so that it? live with it or leave?

why you dont change the mining speed again and yes that it's a stupid idea but you have something to do

i dont have time the whole day to farm this stupid fleets but i have to if i will keep on

and if all would be right i dont would have to need it! because i build an amazing account
    an account that dominated the uni and that is the fucking point in the game! later or earlier one is the top player. you can not prevent that and why you should

but now you decided, that its too early for one who is dominating and take me/us that away?

look at the top 4-2 in fleet, what did they do? farming some inactive fleet and get the same result in days like i did in toilsome work over weeks? hall of fame is no longer hall of fame - its more hall of shame

your thinking is wrong, these fleets will not help new players in the future! they just helped a few players and changed the power structures, nothing more will happen yet!!!
    there where iI fleets before your update and they dont helped
    they just make the top player/players stronger
  • TheDonCorleone wrote:

your thinking is wrong, these fleets will not help new players in the future! they just helped a few players and changed the power structures, nothing more will happen yet!!!
    there where iI fleets before your update and they dont helped
    they just make the top player/players stronger
    sorry litle add:

the proof for that are other, faster unis where iI fleets are higher
    there the fleet dont help.. why would they do here

a change of the iI fleet is only temporary helpfull
    you dont help new players - you just changed the ranks and punish the leading ones
  • yes your thoughts where noted sir but i disagree on that with you,fleets help the game in many ways it keeps you all going
    you all have something to do and when you or anyone else are kept busy it's more likely you will stay and that's for me and you the most important thing

and i told you that changing the speed was the most stupid thing i ever did so no we will not change speeds ever again after game started and since i don't have a backup of 6 july (joke) we will not make rollback to previous point
    Grtz Corrado
  • yeah your right with the changing.. that was not the best idea
    but know it was already the second change in this universe... so a third, smaller change to give mines some power back will not harm more right?
    i mean.. mines are pretty worthless yet

corrado wrote:

Resources speed X120.000.000.000 updated
    the resources speed yet is: Resources speed X 1.000.000.000.000

that was a big change
    what if you just change it a bit.. like x1.250.000.000.000 or x 1.500.000.000.000
  • @corrado,

Just for fun, I joined the (i) bot hunting this weekend. It's been a madhouse. My rise as a result of raiding (i) was 3x22kT points. I'd have to play 14 days to earn that amount with my mines res, L7 and some res-raiding.

DonCorleone is right. Beginners don't get these (i) fleets, they are too big for anything below rank #40 fleet. It's like throwing a pack of meat into a pithole filled with lions every hour. Within 20-40 mins after rank shows, everything above ca 300kT debris is gone. Then .. player take a break of 20 minutes and go for the next round.

As said, HoF has become a joke too. Top 20 is real battles, others are bots.

Question Don asks and I do too.. is it really FUN, this game ? It's a form of farming, not everyone is a farmer. It's become one-sided.
    Let's find a way that brings the game back, let ALL players wait in there, for uni-12 !

cc/caligula/xx/spqr/popeye