Uni11 Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Uni11 Discussion

What's all this fuzz about a lottery ? This is a war game folks..

I'd like a different kind of lottery :P

Say I would put.. a fleet bonus, that is 20kk RIPs, 20kk lune 20kk Ifrit on an Expedition.

Chance is 1:15 I loose the fleet, to pirates or aliens..

But.. chance is 1:3 when it returns.. and it has found between 5k and 20k DM !

That is the kind of lottery I would love to play in corrado game.
    • ccxx wrote:

What's all this fuzz about a lottery ? This is a war game folks..

I'd like a different kind of lottery :P

Say I would put.. a fleet bonus, that is 20kk RIPs, 20kk lune 20kk Ifrit on an Expedition.

Chance is 1:15 I loose the fleet, to pirates or aliens..

But.. chance is 1:3 when it returns.. and it has found between 5k and 20k DM !

That is the kind of lottery I would love to play in corrado game.
      I agree, expeditions should be looked at and be upgraded. At the moment there is really no point in sending fleets on expeditions... However i think the DM you recommend is a bit overboard. 20k dm is a little under a weeks voting rewards. If it were to be like you said at 5k-20k dm then i think voting DM should be increased as well since that helps the server and players as a whole and builds loyalty and helps unis stay active imo.

When I started the game and sent fleets on expeditions daily I would only get about 300 DM if i was lucky enough to find some. It should definitely be more. Maybe 3k-5k? If you make it up to 20k a expedition no one will vote, what's the point? Even after the monthly voting bonus.

To put it simply, I think DM needs to be looked at and reevaluated in many ways. The cost of bonuses that use DM, and the amount of DM you gain. I sit at 6th place currently in UNI 11 and still find this game very much pay to win. Those who pay will always benefit (rightly so they contribute to the server and it's progression.) But players who vote and play daily who don't have much money to spend on the game get the short end of the stick because they just can't keep up with the benefits premium players get. Even though in some way they still contribute to the game... It's like we have talked about in AB, once the server really gets going and players come in late they have no chance. For example, our L7's generate more points than 90% of players already have.... And these new players come in the game with no DM. They have NO CHANCE and they will not stay once we wipe them and all they have left is level 90 mines....
      IG Username: YungRich (uni11)

#ViscaBarca

USA
    • balance in dm is always difficult and i understand that players find it to expensive but fact remains game needs to make some income to pay for cost we make and preferable little extra to pay for new things.

for expeditions is simple there set low so the players vote -- no votes no new people simple as it is ! so from game perspective the less you find the better

when you vote when possible combined with the end bonus you can get around 150.000 to 170.000 DM i think this is very good to do for all of the players
      and for thos how need more the can donate to the game.

so when i chance one ammount i have to chance all of them -- when i give to much game have no income --- when i give not enough game have no income
      ballance this have taken years to get at this point so you will understand we don't like to chance them will from game perspective balance is ok right now.
      Grtz Corrado
    • I've downvoted your last reply, Corrado. First time I do that. What's the use of new players coming in from these advertising sites, when they dont buy DM ? they are out again within a few weeks going (i), because they are not used to these Uni-11 settings, which clearly favour big big DM players.. Most top 20 players in uni-11 have played here for years. These are not new players, they are your customers. The best customers are top-10.

Corrado wrote:

from game perspective the less you find the better

From player perspective that is not the case ! Expeditions are risk also. As you know, I spent some time last month to translate expedition messages and these messages are really funny. Expeditions could be very funny for beginning players, they would stay.. but they are not used. Because expedition is buggy part of the game, it does nothing and it cannot be used for fleet save, because expeditions are visible in lanx. More fleet does not pay off.. and it is too risky.

If you dont want us to find DM, let us find res, or fleet. That is peanuts too atm.

In short: I have spent more DM on uni-11 in four months than in any other Corrado game sofar. I can't afford that, I've to wait for salary every month ! that is my balance and i have to maintain that also. I've 69k DM left, spent >300k in 2 weeks. Coming months, I am going to try to play the old way: premium only and put my votes.

kind regards,
      ccxx/SPQR/Popeye
    • i think the key to getting new players, is :
      1. Give them a longer noob protection, but still allow them to attack active players.
      2. Create a ranking protection, so you can only attack down to someone within 20% points of you. You should be able to attack up as much as you want. .
      3. Remove storage cap on inactives and perhaps increase their production speeds. The bigger a player gets, the more invested he/her is and the longer they will stay
      4. It should be much harder to pop moons. No-one should be punished for fleet-saving correctly. People have jobs and family and to have your fleet taken out simply because it is easy to pop moons and lanx will lose you more ppl than almost any other reason. And there is zero skill involved in that.
      5. One fix for the DM might be a slow increase in the amount you pay for instant research etc. This is a tough one to balance out, as the game needs to make money. If it doesn't make money, it won't exist. And if you support the game, you should get an advantage.
      6. Please, don't take offence with this one, but some of the English in here is not up to standard. This is understandable, if I had to translate English into Dutch/German or pretty much any other language, I'd be pretty useless, but I think this can be off putting to some new members. I am more than happy to help out if required.

That all said, I don't think we give Corrado enough credit for the effort he puts into this game. So a big thank you from me. I'm sure it isn't easy keeping all of us happy.
    • @corrado, thanks for moving my comments here. They (indeed) contain some food for discussion.. this is the right section, it is not about bugs, it is about settings.

I agree with proposals #1, #2, #3, #5 and #6 put by Sharkbait.

Some notes: maybe #5 is too difficult to build into the game.. and it is not needed, when research times are more "natural". I think non-DM players should be able to compete in all ranks, also Research rank. Now, top-20 research is impossible without instant and some players develop bizarre levels of techs and spy with the use of DM, others cannot follow without DM. It affects the game and it will chase players out.

#1 and #2 I fully agree, new players will like that. Some issues: #1 was done in uni-3 when noob-protection was first introduced. I supported upward attacks, but back then (2013) many miners were complaining about (W) fleets ! There should be a time limit for (W). When #1 and #2 are both done, I think it is better to keep (W) on 2 weeks. This is a speed uni.

#4 I do not agree. Moon pop is part of the game, you can always pull.. beginners have nothing to do with it and it is NOT so easy.. the last 4 moons I popped where >30 mins hard work ! most players build defenses on moons.

Some proposals that would compensate for server money loss, when Research is set back to normal:

--let defense bonus and fleet bonus grow along with the game. For my rank, fleet bonus has become irrelevant, I dont take it.
      --double the price 500 DM for trade for non-Premium players. A free trader would cause more players to keep Premium
      --invisible is expensive. But.. planets invisible are not invisible ! Keep attack and spy options, but remove the popups from galaxy.
      --improve deuterium yield on colder positions, make colonies on 14 and 15 smaller. Players will relocate planets more often.
      --solve the lottery issues (!) and make it fun: tickets cost 100 DM and lower the pot 10x also. More players would buy tickets.
      --introduce a working jackpot. When no one wins, pot will be larger next time.

Proposals to keep players in,

--remove DM on expeditions, if you like.. but boost it, by more risk and more ships to find. Expeditions are fun, especially for beginners.
      --more and larger (i) fleets. For beginning fleeters, the (i) fleets are a way to move up fast.

The post was edited 2 times, last by ccxx ().

• I agree ccxx, the (i) fleets are very small. The largest i have found was only like 25kt res.

The lottery definitely needs fixing and I agree that the tickets should be cheaper. 1k dm for a very small chance to win is harsh. Or maybe have a bundle type option? The more you buy the cheaper they are in total.

A few proposals i have:

1) In each new uni there should be an option added in maybe a month or after the server begins which only new players have access too. It would be a "noob starter pack". This would give you decent buildings and research that would give you a fighting chance. The player can decide if they want to use it or not.

2) (I) accounts also should have infinite energy. I was told that they were supposed to but from what I've seen once you crash a player who uses sats their production slows a lot.

3) Points. Since this uni started the points that you get have not been calculated properly. There has even been a few times where i upgraded mines and got no points for it! I didn't care much because the production did go up but still... Usually for every 1k res you spend you get a point. It doesn't work this way in this uni. Some fleet give less than they should while some mines give like 50% extra.

(Will add more as i think of the best way to explain and put them)

#ViscaBarca

USA

The post was edited 1 time, last by YungRich ().

• yes lottery is killing me i have no idea why its not working end next round it is working -- all games are ok accept uni-11 since there are no difrences between the games i have no idea where to look at. so i still need to decide if it's not best to completely remove it from the uni11.

for the inactive fleet and resources (asteroids-mod) it very easy to kill game by setting the mod to high (same happened in begin of game when i set the fleet-bonus to high)
      the trick is to find a balance in it and not kill it -- we slowly increased it and when looking to the fleet page you can clearly see the mod is doing its job-maybe we can increase little more
      as fare of the inactives there power and storage is endless once there are (iI) but most nactive have max lv40 mines so they won't produce that much am afridge
      Grtz Corrado
    • @corrado you say asteroids and i-fleets are related..

Settings and balance differ, they depend on uni.

There are no incoming asteroids. I have never seen asteroids on my own planets or moons in uni-10 or uni-11.

In uni-9, (i) fleets are everywhere.. still 100x too small. i's are for raiding mine res only. Fleets and debris are peanuts for anyone top 200.

In uni-10, (i) fleets are on most i's, not interesting for top-10, but they are a reasonable catch for top-100. Nice balance. Any beginning fleeter should start an account in uni-10 now !

In uni-11, (i) fleets are very rare, only about 1 to 10 i's have fleet.. and I see the same problem as uni-9, deuterium and i-fleets are about 50-100x too small. i's are for raiding mine res only. Fleets and debris are peanuts for anyone top 200.
    • yes it is related -- in begin asteroids attcked you and when you won you get some DM so it was reltivly easy to adjust the mod so that it also dropes fleet this is why the mod is still in the game and is it only working when a game have inactive players

when there are inactives (21days so (iI) we start the mod it starts attacking planets moons of (iI) the mod sees that the player is inactive so rater to attck it and destroy anyting
      it drops predefined Fleet/Deuterium on the planets
      the mod runes time based and there are 2 configurations set that run on there own ,few times per hour !

so therefor the mod is still in all the games
      Grtz Corrado
    • increased the Deut a little and new attcks showed this to be droped on (iI)

Asteroids hit the planet XX:XX:XX[P] but you intercepted and won 0 DarkMatter and 5.294.917.249.999.999.860.736 Deuterium

for fleet still have to look in to it did the deut first
      Grtz Corrado
    • My 2 cents on the DM issue: make it so chances of obtaining DM from moons decrease after every successful expedition.

1st 50%, 2nd 5%, 3rd 0.5%, 4th 0.05%, ...

And the amount depends of how many times you voted in the last 24 hours: DM from expedition = 10% of DM you got from voting.
    • so fleet is now updated to so expect to see this in action when the stats update in 1 hour from now -- goodluck to u all to catch the Fleet-Deut

supahwarp wrote:

My 2 cents on the DM issue: make it so chances of obtaining DM from moons decrease after every successful expedition.

And the amount depends of how many times you voted in the last 24 hours: DM from expedition = 10% of DM you got from voting.
      this is only making it more complicated sir --the game needs new players and new players getting in this game for 90% by the different vote sites
      so the more votes we get the more players we get in here therefore we decreased the find change in expo and started the vote bonus on the end of the month.

(vote bonus will be given later today)
      Grtz Corrado
    • Corrado wrote:

:whistling: .. and later within the hour we read ..

"Corrado" wrote:

DM given to players = NO

On 1 of 3 vote sites you have counted -40 votes short. Of 600

We can talk for weeks about bugs.. and game settings.. PlAYERS WAITED for it..

Please undo this quickly, players in my alliance have announced they will leave

• corrado wrote:

so fleet is now updated to so expect to see this in action when the stats update in 1 hour from now -- goodluck to u all to catch the Fleet-Deut

supahwarp wrote:

My 2 cents on the DM issue: make it so chances of obtaining DM from moons decrease after every successful expedition.

this is only making it more complicated sir --the game needs new players and new players getting in this game for 90% by the different vote sitesso the more votes we get the more players we get in here therefore we decreased the find change in expo and started the vote bonus on the end of the month.

No, it's not making it more complicated. It's one simple equation/function that you would have to add to the game. Plain and simple. Your solution of monthly bonus is terribad. This is how games die: terrible admins.
    • For future unis you should do something like a beta test. Pick a few players you trust to test the server for like a week before you release it to everyone else. They can see if the uni is balanced and what needs fixing. I think this would help to have things better from the beginning. The changes are good and we appreciate them, but these should not be taking place 2 months into the game

#ViscaBarca

USA
    • ccxx wrote:

On 1 of 3 vote sites you have counted -40 votes short. Of 600

We can talk for weeks about bugs.. and game settings.. PlAYERS WAITED for it..

Please undo this quickly, players in my alliance have announced they will leave

we not only miss 40 votes we mis 240 votes sir

200 votes are bought with premium membership

and why do u make the assumption that we don't give vote reward please when you seem to assume that where i wrote that i really like to see that myself

DM given to players = NO

text is used every month for the last 2 years to inform you all if the bonus was given or not so you know if your lucky or not and need to vote more !!
      Grtz Corrado
    • supahwarp wrote:

corrado wrote:

so fleet is now updated to so expect to see this in action when the stats update in 1 hour from now -- goodluck to u all to catch the Fleet-Deut

supahwarp wrote:

this is only making it more complicated sir --the game needs new players and new players getting in this game for 90% by the different vote sitesso the more votes we get the more players we get in here therefore we decreased the find change in expo and started the vote bonus on the end of the month.
      No, it's not making it more complicated. It's one simple equation/function that you would have to add to the game. Plain and simple. Your solution of monthly bonus is terribad. This is how games die: terrible admins.
      dont like the way things go here to bad sir ... host your own game than you can do it your way !!
      Grtz Corrado
    • corrado wrote:

supahwarp wrote:

corrado wrote:

supahwarp wrote:

this is only making it more complicated sir --the game needs new players and new players getting in this game for 90% by the different vote sitesso the more votes we get the more players we get in here therefore we decreased the find change in expo and started the vote bonus on the end of the month.(vote bonus will be given later today)
      dont like the way things go here to bad sir ... host your own game than you can do it your way !!
      You know those awful companies/stores with crappy managers who treat their customers like shit and don't give a rats ass about what they say and eventually go bankrupt? Yea... you're one of those. Still wondering why you're not getting more votes and players are abandoning ship before things get a hell lot worse? hurrrr durrrr