time has come for uni1--uni3

• Ok... Bye Corrado(-Game).
      It was a nice a nice time.
      I play Corrado-Game since ~2 years in uni 3 and it was awesome to meet so many kind people.
      Many of them already left the game. I'll leave too.
      I keep all of you in good memory.

Bye.

(Uni 3, PureSoul, Rank 2 (most ressources on the bank) and Leader of the #1 Alliance "Supernatural Miner")

Uni 3 - Rank 1

The post was edited 2 times, last by CAD BANE ().

• Melkor wrote:

Although closing a server is a bit harsh, maybe consider merging it into another Uni?
      Belief me when this was slightly possible we would try but thing is games run different speeds and this is a no go for merging

we not closing games to easy everyone playing here knows that so this !
      Grtz Corrado
    • Here I agree with Melkor,,

Corrado wrote:

Belief me when this was slightly possible we would try but thing is games run different speeds and this is a no go for merging

Hehe indeed.. you could introduce a new nr #1 to #20 ranks when you merge a faster uni with a slower uni

Maybe worth investigating.. it is e.g. possible use scaling conversion to downgrade fleet, defs, research and mines of the faster uni players.

Another thing that would have to be solved: move positions.

But.. a merge of uni's could keep the game more alive.. and it is more honest toward DM-payers.
    • ccxx wrote:

Maybe worth investigating.. it is e.g. possible use scaling conversion to downgrade fleet, defs, research and mines of the faster uni players.
      No, th calculations alone would boggle my mind xD

It's not a linear scale but a quadratic one, and it is only speculation when it comes to trying to equal 2 uni's out. it is really really really really hard to come up with a good model for merging 2 completely different uni's.

But hey, uni's have to go, i've seen uni 2 go (only uni I haven't played xD) which was well, a bummer but hardly anyone played there anymore.

The only thing i regret is not having a Hall of fame for every closed uni, and not just the battle reports but also the top 10 rankings and all the records, that would have been terrific but unfortunately we did not think of it with the removed uni's and would be lame if we would start doing it with the new ones and couldn't get any records from the old ones, people would feel left out.

Any how I do agree with Corrado, uni 1 and 3 are dead. uni 3 was dead long before we even got rid of uni 4 and 5. banks have destroyed it, it just goes to show, never trust a banker, they ruin everything :P