Hard times for C-G

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hard times for C-G

Hello People

Like we all can see is that the amount of players we have ,is slowly decreasing!

There are still new players singing-up for the games but not as many as lets say 1 year ago ,the mean reason this happens is the popularity of other ogame private servers.
      But why the prefer them over us i have now idea ,when i did i would see if there was anything we could do about it.

When we started Uni8 we have seen many troubles in the first month and i blief this was the turning-point and from there one we lost many new and old players
      in first 7 days we had 80 players online during rush-hour and 40 players during the night so people do like to play here but the problems during the start killed the game.

Nevertheless i am happy that those problems belong to the past, and want to thank all the players that besides all the problem we have seen, are still whit us !!
      And i would like to assure you that we keep going on and we hoop we will do better in the near future !!

Now Question to u (players-old players)
      To improve C-G in the future are there things you would like to chance in the future or even in running-games,things that you belief improve game play for all of u ?

when you have ideas pleas share them whit us so we could discus hem here in the board,and maybe improve game for the future.
      Grtz Corrado
    • In other private servers there are referral links.
      I don't know if many people would use them,
      but I joined xterium.space because my friend sent me his referral link^^

Here you can see how it looks like in xterium.space.
      I don't want to make advertising, this picture should just show you how it looks like on other private servers!!!

Picture removed by corrado
    • i removed the picture -- and i know the system we have had it here to but the thing is
      people used it to get players from other games and i hate it when the do it here so i removed it so people wont use
      corrado-game links in other games.
      Grtz Corrado
    • To improve C-G in the future
      MORE NEWS
      - More news about Corrado on the vote sites. It still tells us that uni-8 has started
      - Make end-of-the month vote reward a bonus for everyone and lower it to eg 50k, announce that on the vote sites

MORE GAMES
      Reset and start new games more often. More new games (e.g. max 15) with different settings:

- Some Corrado games could have defs to debris 25% so it will be more profitable to raid
      - Some Corrado games could have Fusion Reactors (speed up development)
      - Other Corrado games could have 10\% DtoD, slow fleet and put res to the max, to please miners
      - Other Corrado games could be time-limited: if you're #1 after 1 week you win.
      - Other Corrado games could have free harvesting, to please miners

Explain the settings to new members before they can choose an uni

INNOVATE
      - Invent more new ships and new defenses
      - New skin, new pictures
      - Attack graphics: show fleets and return
      - Improve the current BE

IN GAME

- Do not remove inactive players (i's), they are raiding targets
      - Tell players that go (V) you will (i) their planets after 2 weeks if they don't de-activate (V)
      - De-activate the asteroids in uni-8, they are silly because of the deut amounts
      - Remove the IPM's in uni-8, or... increase the price of missiles

MORE FORUM
      - Check your e-mail list for some active forum members in the past. Send invitation, promise 200k DM on entry
      - Reward forum-likes by Corrado with DM, reward other likes and forum message count with Deuterium
      - Add a menu link for Combat section of the forum. Link in 3 refers to 3, link in 8 should refer to 8

CHANGE SOME MENU OPTIONS
      - Larger res amount on the daily bonus, so people will buy more DM
      - Lighten up the Empire or Free Empire option in menu: let new players know empire is free here !
      - Move Asteroid repair, Fleet Trader and Combat Simulator to the Special menu
      - Add a menu link for new Alliance applications
      - Add seperate 2 menu links for spy and combat messages

@corrado success with solving the problems. We all appreciate your efforts !!

The post was edited 5 times, last by ccxx ().

• MORE NEWS
      - More news about Corrado on the vote sites. It still tells us that uni-8 has started
      - what more is there to say than there is now

- Make end-of-the month vote reward a bonus for everyone and lower it to eg 50k, announce that on the vote sites
      - i have no idea why you think this help giving players that dont vote a bonus ,now you get a bonus on the end of each month when you actually did vote i think this is way more fair than your proposal

MORE GAMES
      Reset and start new games more often. More new games (e.g. max 15) with different settings:
      - this is something players dont like sir and there for we dont restart games we only open new games

- Some Corrado games could have defs to debris 25% so it will be more profitable to raid (this is game depended there are games whit 40% to debris)
      - Some Corrado games could have Fusion Reactors (speed up development)(riped from game 5 years ago and will not return sorry for that)
      - Other Corrado games could have 10\% DtoD, slow fleet and put res to the max, to please miners (????)
      - Other Corrado games could be time-limited: if you're #1 after 1 week you win.(we tried this 2 years ago and this did not work well)
      - Other Corrado games could have free harvesting, to please miners(removing it from the premium list would make the premium option useless)

Explain the settings to new members before they can choose an uni

INNOVATE
      - Invent more new ships and new defenses (making them isnt that hard the problem is in the balance of it the juggernuat in uni8 took me and vinny, 2 hole evenings to work on it and thats just 1 unit)
      - New skin, new pictures (i think that almost all people here do lie how the game looks - and graphics is hard to get and to buy almost impossible due to expences)
      - Attack graphics: show fleets and return ( have showed pic in battles reports before but this makes the battle reports very big and makes it hardere to read them proper)
      - Improve the current BE (this is the most difficult part in the game and i really hoop it)

Grtz Corrado
    • I'm a new player, started uni 8 couple of weeks ago.

• At first glance the game is a bit daunting, lots of menus, so things I have no idea how to use properly other things I haven't bothered using.
      • I really like the daily bonus and Lucky7, the res boost is awesome, really helps. Maybe add a monthly bonus?
      • The asteroids are annoying as all hell!
      • Over all the look and feel of the pages aren't very easy on the eye, I find that I am only able to play for a couple of minutes before my eyes start hurting, maybe it's the combination of colors and text, not 100% sure.
      • The pages are big, a lot of the time I have to scroll to the side to to find something, especially in the research and defense menus. I know some would say use a bigger screen, but truth be told, not everyone has access to bigger screens.
      • The Trader I feel is horrendous, you aren't able to specify specific resources you want, for example, I have a boat load of deut, I want to trade that deut for metal and crystal but I can't do that unless the "points left" is 0.... ok so wha... how... I mean what? So I just end up not trading...
      • I feel that purchasing Premium account isn't all that much better than having a standard account. Maybe this can be adjusted so that you get more value from buying premium, in some games I play premium gives a boost to credits and experience earned, the difference if as clear as day. So maybe add additional features to premium users, one huge example I can think of off hand; transporting res between planets, maybe have a tool available on the Fleet menu that indicates how much transport vessels you need to move all your res, or have a transport calculator, so you enter the desired amount of res you want to move and the system calculates how many cargoes you need.
      • Another thing that would be great; farming I think forms a big part for new players, problems hundreds of inactives is a out right pain in the butt, having to sift through the reports is just a ball ache. Maybe compact the reports, let it show a summary, if it looks interesting then you can expand it, and when I mean it looks interesting I mean the summary shows an abbreviated amount of res (e.g. 2.855 T metal and so on, and has potential DF size) once you expand you will then see the full details. Also if you want to farm the target, maybe have a indicator showing how many cargoes you need for the attack, wave 1 requires xxx, wave 2 requires xx and so on.
      • One thing I think though that puts new players off is the ridiculous fleet speeds, very useful yes, but the other day I was proding around, I spied all I wanted to, go to the message menu just to find that I had been attacked... from 2 galaxies away... I mean that is just stupid, there was no indication that I was being probed while I was probing, there was even no indication that there was an incoming attack.... I mean come on, how do you expect people to stay if all they must do is click overview repeatedly just to make sure there isn't a supersonic attack inbound? My suggestions; maybe reduce fleet speeds? Implement an early detecting system ( red flashing lights, popup on your screen) just something that warns you. At this point I have been reduced to mining, I'm too scared to build fleet cause I'm going to scratch my butt and then my fleet is gone... There's no fighting chance for new players.

Clean up the overview page a bit more:
      • Maybe move Rules-Conditions, Newbie Guide, Records, Banned to the Footer of the page

• Move Server Time to header, make it clearer!
      Overall I like the game, I think a lot of things can be changed to reduce the amount of 1 week players, one import thing to remember is that players want to see progress, they want to see that they are improving, they want to feel that they are in control of their accounts, 90% of the inactives probably got attacked while being online but thought it was BS cause they had no chance of evading.

I'm sure I can come up with a few more things, will post more once I think of more.

• Another thing, maybe have galaxy view make use of short keys, like Left arrow goes one system to the left, right key goes right
      • Have Premium accounts be able to que research

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ev1l_EyE ().

• Melkor wrote:

I really like the daily bonus and Lucky7, the res boost is awesome, really helps. Maybe add a monthly bonus?
      I really like to keep bonus to a minimum but ,one more shut be posible ,need to think over it so lets keep this open for now

Melkor wrote:

The asteroids are annoying as all hell!
      as of now the ar disabled in uni8 all things belonging to them ar removed from the game -- how ever the event part still remains but isnt attacking any active players so you would not notice them

Melkor wrote:

Over all the look and feel of the pages aren't very easy on the eye, I find that I am only able to play for a couple of minutes before my eyes start hurting, maybe it's the combination of colors and text, not 100% sure.
      I never heard this before and i belief this is your own opinion we keep things dark here and transparent,that is how i like it and that is the main skin here in the game
      and there are some other option we add for the players to decide what the like best for them

Melkor wrote:

The pages are big, a lot of the time I have to scroll to the side to to find something, especially in the research and defense menus. I know some would say use a bigger screen, but truth be told, not everyone has access to bigger screens.
      This was a option you can chance for your self sir in options menu you have the option to see 2 rows menu or 3 rows menu - listening to you it's clear you still used 3 rows
      we have chanced it for all of you and made 2 rows the default option.

Melkor wrote:

The Trader I feel is horrendous, you aren't able to specify specific resources you want, for example, I have a boat load of deut, I want to trade that deut for metal and crystal but I can't do that unless the "points left" is 0.... ok so wha... how... I mean what? So I just end up not trading...
      i think reading your reply here you dont use premium account sir -- non premium users have a simplified trader thats treu but using "REST" one of the 3 till points left ar set to zero lets you trade what ever amount you like.

when you have a premium account you have the compleet trader at your command ,letting you use the short cut to trade even faster

Melkor wrote:

I feel that purchasing Premium account isn't all that much better than having a standard account. Maybe this can be adjusted so that you get more value from buying premium, in some games I play premium gives a boost to credits and experience earned, the difference if as clear as day. So maybe add additional features to premium users, one huge example I can think of off hand; transporting res between planets, maybe have a tool available on the Fleet menu that indicates how much transport vessels you need to move all your res, or have a transport calculator, so you enter the desired amount of res you want to move and the system calculates how many cargoes you need.
      Premium gives you enough benefit sire
      harvest - premium-trader(shortcuts) -fleet reloader(6 fleets in few clicks) - player-search
      i think this are power-full tools helping you a lot in the game

"So maybe add additional features to premium users, one huge example I can think of off hand; transporting res between planets"

you get the harvester this lets you transport all of your resources in matter of seconds from one to the other planets so why do we we need a transport calculator for premium users sire ??

Melkor wrote:

One thing I think though that puts new players off is the ridiculous fleet speeds, very useful yes, but the other day I was proding around, I spied all I wanted to, go to the message menu just to find that I had been attacked... from 2 galaxies away... I mean that is just stupid, there was no indication that I was being probed while I was probing, there was even no indication that there was an incoming attack.... I mean come on, how do you expect people to stay if all they must do is click overview repeatedly just to make sure there isn't a supersonic attack inbound? My suggestions; maybe reduce fleet speeds? Implement an early detecting system ( red flashing lights, popup on your screen) just something that warns you. At this point I have been reduced to mining, I'm too scared to build fleet cause I'm going to scratch my butt and then my fleet is gone... There's no fighting chance for new players.
      this is something that was setup after a mount of consideration before uni8 was started sir
      we always ask the players what the want for speeds in a new game when uni8 started this was the most voted speed.
      so when a player registers for a game he can see in registration page the speeds of the game so he pic's a game that suits his or here skills.
      Grtz Corrado