-- Poll -- Do we want the Player-Search to be part of uni8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• -- Poll -- Do we want the Player-Search to be part of uni8

do you want player-search in uni8 14
      YES (player-Search) (7) 50%
      NO (player-search) (7) 50%

corrado wrote:

overpowered i totally not agree on it !!

the player search is my solution for the lack of a GalaxyTool for this game-engine.

than we try to make something similar but work done on galaxytool was a bit to much for us scanning each system constantly to keep tool
    accurate and than we cam up whit this compacter tool .

that shows your planets/moons and your techs

-- ok you need to be a premium user yes but face it 99% of the active players have premium -bought or free by voting

Alpha wrote:

That's just it Corrado, the galaxy system as it is. Its part of the game. Its what makes it a challange. It shouldn't be easy to find all planets of a player just like that. Couse at the moment. There is 0 gameplay for those who have acces to the "player search" function. Sure it whould take awhile to scan a whole galaxy, but honestly not really. You can go trough a whole galaxy in less then 10 mins provided you go for it. So dont really see the iccue here. Also by having it like that adds more gameplay with friends and Alliance members etc. To inform each other of the "targets" planets. So its a win-win in terms of adding more gameplay to the game honestly.
    Grtz Corrado
  • There shouldn't even be a discussion about this, keep it in.

uni 8 will have over 30 planets per player, in normal ogame with about 15 to max 20 it might be feasible to find all the planets but here? when you can relocate all your planets every day. no way, not in a million years. Just keep it in and stop complaining.
  • Vinny doesn't matter how many planets you have per say, if you want to really to keep track of a persons planets you atleast gotta do the work for it. I can understand the relocate system might be an iccue then and Hide planets. They should be removed aswell couse like i said on the other topic, they balance each other out. However its not the end of the world. I mean its not hard to scan a galaxy over again. That's just pure lazyness.
    [Blocked Image: http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/Masterchiefs/3001copy.jpg]
    Alpha - Uni 8 - Goonswarm Federation - Rank:
  • It is, even in the real ogame there's a tool to find all the planets of a player, If you really think this improves the game you're dead wrong, I don't even fleet and i can, without a doubt, tell you this is a very dumb idea.

if it's up to you people we remove all the things you can buy with DM, and only because you think it's 'unfair', cry me a river.
  • And according to mr Vinny, everything gotta be handed to you. That's pretty much what you're implying. And this have nothing to do with DM as a whole, its about balance and actual gameplay...

I mean what's the point in having 9 galaxys and 300 systems then huh? Why not put everyone in the same system, same story..
    [Blocked Image: http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/Masterchiefs/3001copy.jpg]
  • The player search may be seen as a real part of the game, since the game is really fast. Because it's fast players don't want to spend most of their time looking for planets so the player search is the perfect solution for it. Although this functionality makes the Planet Relocate useless unless you have your planets hidden. This makes it very expensive in DM for players to make use of.

I propose a combination of opinions:

1). Disable player search together with a 2-7 days cooldown of the Planet Hideout functionality.
    or
    2). Don't change anything at all.
  • Nightkiller wrote:

The player search may be seen as a real part of the game, since the game is really fast. Because it's fast players don't want to spend most of their time looking for planets so the player search is the perfect solution for it. Although this functionality makes the Planet Relocate useless unless you have your planets hidden. This makes it very expensive in DM for players to make use of.

1). Disable player search together with a 2-7 days cooldown of the Planet Hideout functionality.
    or
    I'd recommend to nerf the Planet Hideout and Planet relocation function with this. By either puting higher cd's or put a higher DM value there so people wont abuse it as much. Couse afterall, you want as much balance as possible to make the game fun for everyone. This will make it more costly to move your planets, making it harder for anyone who's running or hunting.
  • @CAD BANE, ye real juvenile well done, AGAIN, there is no universe where i started out as a fleeter, i usually build fleet when the universe is old because then i won't cause all those people to quit early because they got owned! HAH :P

sorry I couldn't help my self, but please if you have no real arguments then stay really quiet ;)
  • yes, me and alpha have completed our discussion in a private conversation not to bother the forum any further, he sure has some valid points, though i still hope we will keep the player search in uni 8, I'm very open to try it in other uni's (or for the next universe when ever it opens) i just sincerly hope we will still have the option in uni 8.

and on that bomb shell, have nice day, this'll be the last of me untill the uni opens, i've already cause enough commotion xD
  • Nightkiller wrote:

The player search may be seen as a real part of the game, since the game is really fast. Because it's fast players don't want to spend most of their time looking for planets so the player search is the perfect solution for it. Although this functionality makes the Planet Relocate useless unless you have your planets hidden. This makes it very expensive in DM for players to make use of.

or
    I agree with this completely, go figure :P
  • planet search lets you find targets and get to the action fast. makign it MORE available might be wise (ie cheaper/free).

I dont want to hide out in some vast galaxy. I want to be found. Action is good.

ADDED:
    i can understand making your own galaxy maps and sharing maps. the search removes this aspect of the game.
    Dor20 - UNI7 & UNI8
    Corrado Game Contributer

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dor20 ().

• i will change my vote to YES and pay for the player search if something is done and changed with the planet hideout and a cool down period so you can't stay on perpetual hideout.

I will say it again, there is no point to pay for a premium account if i can not find players that are using hideout, might as well make player search free so the guys using the hideout can find us easier.
  • Looks like the Poll is at a stalemate, guess you're the deciding last vote corrado unless someone manage to vote within the last 20 mins.

Recommend if it gets removed make the CD on the Hide Planet abit higher so people wont abuse it in that case to atleast 7 days CD so people have eough time to scan all galaxys even with slow connections.