Uni8 Settings/Setup Discussion Tread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The reason why i'm telling you this is couse always the top 20 if not more have at some point or is "donating" for DM to get that advantage over those who dont. So you'll NEVER have a true chance to get to the lets say rank 1 without it. This kills any goal for a new player, or a casual player per say. If you want a bigger communitiy you'll have to balance things out, that's simply a thing you gotta do in games all the time. That said totally understand that you gotta "get" something by donating to the game to keep it running etc. But it shouldn't be so it brings the game to a halt, where it is at a point that there is no real way to progress if you're not paying for it.

This have specially have a huge impact on early gameplay. Giving them an incomprehensible advantage.

Just some opinions from a non-paying side of wiew.
      [Blocked Image: http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/Masterchiefs/3001copy.jpg]
      Alpha - Uni 8 - Goonswarm Federation - Rank:
    • Officers -- the will remain removed - officers are laying to much pressure on the battle system to much armor-shields now game is naked so when ship have 200 shield points it stays like that you can still affect it by using one of the bonus but besides that it says like shown in tech page and i think his is good for overall game play.

and the bonus for Deathstars thats nice but whit the resources produced i uni8 i think you will all get past that 8o 8o

------------------------------

Asteroids will also stay Off -- i think that the reworked Interplanetary missiles and silo size will bring more diversity in the new game than obtaining asteroids in game,
      to get the asteroids to work we need to completely overhaul the asteroids script to mach the new silo size and numbers evolved. there for we decided to not do this and disable the mod.
      Grtz Corrado
    • Vinny if you lift that restriction you will get what is called probe spam

i think 10 per 24 hours would do good but don't abandon the restriction completely

also to you DM discussion: we all know a server doesn't come cheap and i know we need people to donate so the costs are at least part covered

but let's be honest here corrado: if someone plays on here who is working and has a family to support can't afford it to spend money on a game or play as much as to get all the free DM there is to get every day and with that the vote bonus at the end of month doesn't apply to him

DM expeditions to moon and normal expeditions also don't really change much on that because in 70-80% of the flights the mission is a failure

and let's cover another aspect of the current vote reward: you want every player to vote (at best) every day but let's look at the reward: 250 DM for each vote, people who donate have absolutely no reason to vote for such a small amount of DM

i don't say put 10k DM behind each vote but at least make it attractive for all players ;)
    • @DiEnd why would people spam spio's that's useless. and if people would do that i think it is clear when they are just trying to be a prick by spamming your message inbox with spio messages or genuinely are trying to find some resources. The normal ogame does not have these restrictions, it's up to the players not to break the rules and up to the players to report people that break the rules. the attack limit is a good help in case you forget how many attacks you have done but the spio limit is just rediculous. make it at least 12 (twice as much)

And if a player cannot be online enough to vote every day (or enough days to get the vote reward, say 20 out of 30 days) then they don't deserve it nor are they active enough to ever become a high ranking player so those people have nothing to complain about. even if there would be nothing to buy with DM those players will never end up on a high spot in the rankings.

anyway lets just focus on the spio problem we've had the DM discussion for too long
    • well Vinny we all know how it works in games like this, good thing it's not up to you to decide who deservers something and who doesn't

i can say if you're lucky enough to win lottery 1 or 2 times ingame you can keep up with DM to others but let's be honest here for a minute

mostly people who buy their way to the top are lacking the skill to get up there

and people who have the skill but can't afford to buy DM get a kick in the balls so to say

premium is way to overpowered with the player search, as normal player you can't keep your planets hidden all the time because it consumes way to much DM

so we need to find a balance between pay2win and skill2win else sooner or later the game will die out like 90% of other clones and personally i don't want to see that happen
    • don't worry none taken

but it's like i said either you invest if you have skill or you go down the drain and watch how money players occupy the high ranks

i mean you should know the best that it's hard to get up without investing, don't know if you ever bought DM or not :D

so for gods sake and to end the DM discussion once and for all let's find a solution to that after the release of the new universe
    • - bash limit for probes is set to 10 in uni8

- build qeu can now hold 20 builds at a time.

will begin cleaning out the new uni8 we done some testing last 2 weeks and we now done all the nessasary stuff in there so we will prepare it
      so it can open for preregistration -- more info about that will soon follow
      Grtz Corrado
    • So things are all set in uni8 -- tonight i will add game to login and register page so as of tomorrow you
      can all register for a new account.

people that register a account before the game launch will get 50k Darkmater on game start.

Now the count down really begins 4 days and counting

grtz corrado
      Grtz Corrado
    • BTB wrote:

gohzal wrote:

just delete the player search from the premium status :)
      and a way to overcome the hiding chicken shit thing to if i am buying dm like they do since they are supporting it i want to be able to see them. corrado said it is there for paying customers and if i am paying i want to see where they are :D
      Shouldn't be like that to begin with to be honest, the "player search" function is pretty "OVERPOWERED" in a sense. That said, if you have eough "skill" so do speak you dont need that thing. So to be honest it shouldn't even be in the game, couse its like giving someone up on a silver platter and say hey, here you go. Now eat them up. "Buying" DM shouldn't give everything couse in the end it will just kill the fun for everyone else. Or maybe you can "Buy" so you can use avatars etc, color names,maybe own planet images etc. Instead of having these "Pay-to-win" moments.. Then when you've donated for the Game, you wont end up hurting the game by geting an unfair advantage.

That's balancing 101...

Also a side note; If the player search function wasn't ingame you whouldn't need the Hide Planet Officer either couse they balance each other out. So you'll fix the problem right there. Just saying.
      [Blocked Image: http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/Masterchiefs/3001copy.jpg]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alpha ().

• overpowered i totally not agree on it !!

the player search is my solution for the lack of a GalaxyTool for this game-engine.

than we try to make something similar but work done on galaxytool was a bit to much for us scanning each system constantly to keep tool
      accurate and than we cam up whit this compacter tool .

that shows your planets/moons and your techs

-- ok you need to be a premium user yes but face it 99% of the active players have premium -bought or free by voting
      Grtz Corrado
    • That's just it Corrado, the galaxy system as it is. Its part of the game. Its what makes it a challange. It shouldn't be easy to find all planets of a player just like that. Couse at the moment. There is 0 gameplay for those who have acces to the "player search" function. Sure it whould take awhile to scan a whole galaxy, but honestly not really. You can go trough a whole galaxy in less then 10 mins provided you go for it. So dont really see the iccue here. Also by having it like that adds more gameplay with friends and Alliance members etc. To inform each other of the "targets" planets. So its a win-win in terms of adding more gameplay to the game honestly.