Uni8 Settings/Setup Discussion Tread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• damn 8 more days, isn't that like eternity?? at my age may be dead before then.

i agree with alpha, expos are a waste of time and voting dm isn't enough to sustain everyday needs to grow. i will spend money if i see a reasonable return with the perks, ie voting, dm collector, expos etc. if it is unreasonable then i won't spend money. if i want to spend that kind of money to be competitive then i will play ogame and buy my way up. more players to abuse in ogame. i agree they need income to pay for time and costs, but more players playing keeps a uni and site active which promotes more players and will generate more income.

i go by 2 bars, one prices are less look in and nobody there. bar next door costs a little more, free snacks and a little free buffet, costs me a little more, place is packed and hot chicks all over as an added bonus, i am old not dead ;) now i have a place to eat and drink i am getting things to keep me happy and more people are coming in behind me. no different than the dm in game. i have fun and enjoy and guys on skype ask if i am back in ogame i tell them here and why same with other people and then generates more players.

the asteroids i remember from another older uni, didn't like them too much and really don't care if they are here or not. i will deal with them as long as they are hitting vinny or cad bane :D

wtf still 8 more days for the new server even after writing all this :p if i change the date on my computer, will it have any effect so i can start uni 8? I AM BORED
    • Yes i am lazy, you will never EVER hear me say that i am not lazy, I have admitted to that many times.

And there are many pay to win games, you know what the difference is between those and this one? this one has a forum and a very nice admin who is generous and gives a lot of DM to people. every other pay to win game won't give you what you're getting here on corrado-game. for the simple reasons those games want you to pay as much as they can make you, and if you don't want to pay you can't complain openly about it.

So if the only reason asteroids should be in the game is because it gives a bonus to active players then you do not have any grounds to stand on. Voting gives DM to active players as well, the more you vote the more DM you get, the more votes are made the higher the rankings the more DM you will get at the end of the month. And from only the voting you can get enough DM to keep a few officers and premium.

So please, don't say this game needs asteroids because it helps active people, that reason is mute.
    • i will explain what i was getting to with the dm, i sent my dm collection every hour even from my cell phone, about 15 times, and did vote and a couple of days i didn't get enough dm to get the daily bonus, which is bs. that i will argue with anyone on and for days, if you can spend that much time with attacks and trying to get dm and can't get to 5k dm and a little more so you can make a trade or 2 it is crap. the amount of dm after so many failed attempts it should be a min of 2. it isn't going to break the bank but at least get you enough to get the daily bonus and some to trade. the rest buy what you need to get officers etc. i never missed a vote except the 2 12 hour ones because i have issues with trying to vote with my cell phone.

a site i was on it was a little too fair for things and he opened a new site and went the other way so now you wlll pay a lot more to enjoy the game and all the added features, good guy and listened there too. 5 of us started and all left, 4 more are also leaving so down to what 30 people and that will fall soon as well. now it's a hard core pay to play and enjoy all the bells and whistles but not worth a crap when 10 people are going to be left. I don't see that here and not saying it is like that, just the dm needs to be a little more accessible and easier to get a min of 5.5 to 6k a day.
    • and another thing i just thought about and have to ask is the planet hideout. can you just stay on this without any cool down like most sites? what i mean there is you are on it then can't go back to cloaking for another 7 days.

i know taking the time to look for the colonies, but the reports don't tell you the players names when you send the probes and hard to find who it is if a few players are on hideout and moving colonies.
    • @BTB I don't quite understand what you want. But the current case is that you don't have a cooldown at the planet hideout. So when you buy the hideout, you are invisible for 2 days. When these 2 days are over, you can immediately activate the hideout again.

To get the player name next to the spy reports is nice luxury thing to have, I like it. But hey, you should know who you are spying on!
    • most sites that have immunity/hideout etc have a cool down period so a player can't abuse hiding from everyone and can get his lumps like everyone else. if you go on it for 1 day there is a 3 day period where you can't run and hide again, if it is activated for 2 days then a 7 day waiting period. i know it is good for dark matter purchases so increase the dm cost to hideout and that will cover the loss of dm spent over the same period.

you have to be able to know who it is when you probe them back, right now hey have ability to be unidentified, be unseen, and move around for 10k dm a day + relocation costs which if you are hiding and want to abuse the system the relocation is an added bonus and insignificant cost.
    • and yes once again the discussion is back on the cost of things i game hahaha

its simple guys from the client side its always to expensive no matter the price -- and i think this discussion would always be there no matter the prize

The majority of you all ! don't want to pay at all and only want to receive but never want to give something back for the work we do here
      and that is fine that's everyone free choice.

And there are people that do pay for game and whit it its benefit over non paying customers -- so why shut people that work for there money spend that in this ore any game out there dont have some benefits over Free players.

this is how the hole game industry works all games out there do this no exceptions ! the few free games out there the last about a year max end than die and you never hear from them again.

so to speak in the words of the critics under us -- yes this is like all games a pay to win game -- you point us to a game that isnt !!

i do think that from the games out there that can be gathered in the same category as us (Ogame-Private) we are not doing that bad we have 2 bonus (daily-lucky7)
      that helps you as a payed player the rest of the bonuses in game can be acquired by voting. . . . even when you only reach 3 goals like last 2 months.

this said lets get back to setup uni8

grtz corrado

Ps. one week and counting !!!
      Grtz Corrado
    • @BTB you know how to find the planets of a hidden player right? then just move your mouse to the left where their name is supposed to be and voilà, it will pop up, same as the planet, moon and debris ;)

@corrado I totally agree.

what the uni setup is concerned I would really like officers to be part of the game, I can't really think of a reason why it wouldn't be in the game. I know we discussed this before but why not? they don't cost much, it's doable for everyone and the 2 for 1 rips in this kind of game wouldn't be a luxury but kind of a necessity.
    • okay didn't see that pop up for me vinny but thanks!

set up of uni that was part of it sir, i will buy dm when i need it and I WILL PAY for something that lets me find the guys that like to hide so there is payment on the other end :D :P I completely agree to the payment and never have thought otherwise. can't work for nothing, i won't and don't expect anyone else to either. i just think that chicken shit play stinks, and if it for paying customers i would appreciate the ability to pay to overcome it and see them without a big hassle. I will agree i did not spend any money for my week in uni7, was too close to uni8 starting and would have been a waste of money. i have a wife that wastes money for me.

i agree with vinny on the officers, if people are willing to buy the dm for it what can it hurt? a nice compliment to the speed :D

you have done well here and have more active players than most of the sites and why i like it. the forum activity is what i like the most so don't get mad at me. just giving my opinion sir like about the dm etc. i am an active voter so that will help you a bit with your ranks ;) xoxoxoxo :D