Uni8 Settings/Setup Discussion Tread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Anyway's there is no reason for me to argue to begin with, since i'm a fleeter myself this only benefits myself. Makes life abit eaiser. But i'm a honest guy, so from all perspectives of gameplay. Its simply a bad thing. Speically heavy on a fast fleet moving Uni as Uni 8 x50 Fleet speed. Couse you whouldn't be able to do much with those speeds if your enemy knows everything. Nerfing the fleeters by nerfing the "Player Search" abit since the speed is so high whould be a smart move.
      [Blocked Image: http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/Masterchiefs/3001copy.jpg]
      Alpha - Uni 8 - Goonswarm Federation - Rank:
    • Like hell it will, this poll is bulshit, there is no damn way someone will find 30 to 40 planets of 1 player in a day in uni 8, people can relocate their planets every 24 hours. it is complete bulshit to remove the player search. if you want to hide use the planet hideout. just stop whining about everything.
    • Vinny wrote:

Like hell it will, this poll is bulshit, there is no damn way someone will find 30 to 40 planets of 1 player in a day in uni 8, people can relocate their planets every 24 hours. it is complete bulshit to remove the player search. if you want to hide use the planet hideout. just stop whining about everything.
      lmao, guess you've never actually done some real fleeting then huh. Finding that many planets within a day is easy.
      [Blocked Image: http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/Masterchiefs/3001copy.jpg]
    • i am not 100% clear on the planet search of players since i never used it. so i need a question answered, if they are on this planet hideout will it show all of their colonies?

i have an issue with it like i stated before, never seen any of these sites allow that to be used continuously with out a few days break. if the search function includes and shows the colonies of the people using the hideout then i am for it, if not then it's really worthless and doesn't give me anything to overcome that.
    • Vinny the player search is overpowered and killing the fun

yeah if you really want to take someone down badly it's great but to scan through a whole galaxy you'd need 10-15 minutes if your connection is stable

then you just copy the coords of your targets into a word document and it's done
    • make it 20 mins on a slow connection times 9 galaxies = 3 hours! And why? because some people do not want to be found? You know, if all of you really want to make things easy for yourself, to make sure your precious little planets don't get attacked, go into V-mode. It is ridiculous to think a uni with over over 35 planets (probably over 40) shouldn't have a function to find the planets. Quite absurd if you think it will be beneficiary to the game.

If people learn to save it doesn't matter if people can find your planets instantly, they will never get your fleet anyway. and if this is about people being afraid they will get farmed to easily well too bad, it's already 10% def to debris so build some def.

All this problem because people want to make it impossible for others to attack them... BE A MAN, suck it up, be like Iron Man!
    • Vinny wrote:

make it 20 mins on a slow connection times 9 galaxies = 3 hours! And why? because some people do not want to be found? You know, if all of you really want to make things easy for yourself, to make sure your precious little planets don't get attacked, go into V-mode. It is ridiculous to think a uni with over over 35 planets (probably over 40) shouldn't have a function to find the planets. Quite absurd if you think it will be beneficiary to the game.

If people learn to save it doesn't matter if people can find your planets instantly, they will never get your fleet anyway. and if this is about people being afraid they will get farmed to easily well too bad, it's already 10% def to debris so build some def.

All this problem because people want to make it impossible for others to attack them... BE A MAN, suck it up, be like Iron Man!
      You're statement is just absurd Vinny. To begin with the game is not all about Fleeters. Secondly from the sound of it your currently useing the system alot by the sound of it so you've forgotten how to actually play the game as it was intended to be played to begin with. And if you cant find a person without a system like the "player search" then bad luck for you bro, couse you're not as skilled as i thought you where..

And what Diend said, if you really want to hunt someone you atleast gotta do the work and effort for it. Typing down the cords you've found etc. And scaning a galaxy is not to big of a deal. Specially when its only 300 systems in 1 galaxy instead of 500...
    • No alpha it would not be cheating, you don't listen do you? That is exactly what the ogame aprovd tool does, ogame has tool that scan all galaxies afor all the players, it is officially approved by ogame and all the top players use it, there are also tools for calculating how much you will gain from your mines, how long you will need to save reource betore you can upgrade something an there's even one that will tell you which buildig would be most benificial to level up given your current levels. So please please stop whining about how good players don't use such things, because they damn well do.

And i though i am quite arrogant as you can see in the chat box, deep down i know i am not the best player but i sure as hell am one of the best players in corrado game.
    • Vinny wrote:

No alpha it would not be cheating, you don't listen do you? That is exactly what the ogame aprovd tool does, ogame has tool that scan all galaxies afor all the players, it is officially approved by ogame and all the top players use it, there are also tools for calculating how much you will gain from your mines, how long you will need to save reource betore you can upgrade something an there's even one that will tell you which buildig would be most benificial to level up given your current levels. So please please stop whining about how good players don't use such things, because they damn well do.

And i though i am quite arrogant as you can see in the chat box, deep down i know i am not the best player but i sure as hell am one of the best players in corrado game.
      Any tool for calculating profits etc has no impact on the game what so ever. It does have an huge impact when you have a tool like the "Player Search" function. I mean if someone can find a person and all his Planets etc in just a click then there is no point in having galaxys to begin with. We can all be in the same system for all i care. That's the same story, when it comes down to this tool. Its way overpowered. And if the original game has a function like that then that's thier loss, couse its mostly only a Fleeter/Raider beneficial thing. Giving them an unfair advantage. Its no supprise you'll see a select few dominating a Uni, couse i'd without a doubt say those guys have acces to just that thing. Removing the function whould put those people at the top, earning thier spot couse they've put eough effort and play to get there instead of having the stuff handed to them..

Anyway's think i've argued enough. I've made my point more then enough. If you want a game runned by select few without any other players. Then that's fine. But if you want to have something balanced you gotta make changes that are currently in the game. More balance = more players. So take your pick..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Alpha ().

• Vinny wrote:

make it 20 mins on a slow connection times 9 galaxies = 3 hours! And why? because some people do not want to be found? You know, if all of you really want to make things easy for yourself, to make sure your precious little planets don't get attacked, go into V-mode.
      or use planet hideout and move your colonies ;)

Alpha wrote:

Then that's fine. But if you want to have something balanced you gotta make changes that are currently in the game. More balance = more players. So take your pick..
      What I have said about a few things as well. More players that come and see things are fair, then more will stay and play as long as things are balanced across the game. Since planet hideout isn't included in the search feature then there is no point for me to want it and/or the desire to pay for it since it's not completely functional for what I would want it for.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BTB ().

• gohzal wrote:

although if there isn't a galaxy map - someone will just write a script to scan the galacy for them and then they will be the only ones with everyones location
      its too easy to make a private database app, paste spy reports into it and have it produce lists of targets. why not have the game do that. i hate copying spy reports. they're big and go off screen X/
      Dor20 - UNI7 & UNI8
      Corrado Game Contributer
    • just a quick question corrado

if you intend to remove all officers how are we able to build terror drones?

as it is now these are the techs for terror drones

Terror Drone
      Graviton Research (Level 15/15)
      Robot Factory (Level 45/25)
      Nanite Factory (Level 45/30)
      Guardian (Level 1/1)
      Spy (Level 2/1)
      Emperor (Level 1/1)

i see 3 officers that are needed for them so either officers have to be included or terror drones need to be changed
    • really all the premium bonuses do is save people time, that's all. so if you contribute to the game you get to keep some of your time! tims is money, seems fair. player search just saves you time, same as harvest, and fleet waves, just time.

A non DM player can just scan on his own, transport resources, and send extra waves manually- NOT A HUGE advantage!!! just fair compensation for the money spent. Some games don't even allow you to EARN DM, only pay. Biggest advantage to the active players is other players who DONT know how to save their fleets!!
      or aren't around to watch them land, or can't calculate their recalled flight times.

And vinny I AGREE, you're not the BEST!! lol :)-
    • Who said anything about the other features about the premium? The fact remains, the player search is killing a big part of the game as it was intended to be played as no matter if you have premium or not. Removing it whould benefit the game as a whole way more then if it where ingame. Now an unexperinced player have a slight chance to atleast stay alive without being scaned down within just a few sec's. Afterall the Uni is at 50 times the fleet speed hardly giving a person time to react. Anyway's this change whould be bad if the Hide Planet and Relocate systems wheren't nerfed with it, that i can agree on.